Silverdale Medical Practice signed the homeless friendly pledge on 16th May 2018. What this means for homeless patients registered with the practice is that the practice pledges to:
- Help meet the needs of homeless people.
- Speak to homeless people with understanding and compassion.
- Examine our policies and procedures to ensure they are homeless–friendly
- Train our staff to fully meet the needs of homeless people.
- Work with our partners in the community to encourage them to care for the homeless
- Act as a hub for your community in their efforts to help the homeless.
Our Practice Manager Andrea Simpson Signing the pledge for Silverdale Medical Practice with Dr Zahid Chauhan from Homeless Friendly.
In practical terms to commit to:-Register all patients without the need for identity checks.
Show compassion and care to all patients.
Accept reverse charges for any patient who is homeless and does not have access to a phone or finances to call the practice.
Always ensure that we offer follow up appointments when a patient has investigations.
Ensure if a homeless person is referred on for further care we will make sure where ever possible that we have a booked appointment for the patient to attend.